is a beautiful blend of fresh Jamaican Papaya and “Tommy Atkins” Mangoes, onions, raisins and highlighted with our local ginger. An absolute must for Indian dishes, cheese platters and cold meats.
- 7oz / 200g
- To really change your take on the regular curry dish, add a tablespoon or two while cooking, this will add a sweet fruity depth to your creation.
SPICY CALYPSO CHICKEN
- 1 Whole Chicken – Washed and cut into pieces
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 3 tbs Indian Curry Powder
- 1 large Onion cut into strips
- 1 large sweet pepper cut into strips
- 1 tbs coconut oil
- 2 cloves fresh garlic
- 2 tsp fresh ginger
- 2 cups Mango Juice
- 3oz WALKERSWOOD CALYPSO CHUTNEY
Season the chicken with 1tbs Curry Powder along with Salt & Pepper and allow to marinate for minimum half hour.
In a large stock pot toast the remaining 2 tbs curry powder, once fragrant add the coconut oil and sauté the onion, sweet pepper, garlic and ginger.
Deglaze the pot with the Mango juice and allow to simmer for 15 mins.
Add the chicken into the pot and stir well to ensure the chicken is covered in the sauce.
Add the calypso chutney to the pot and continue to simmer for half hour until chicken is fully cooked and the sauce is nice and rich.
Serve with steamed rice and vegetables .
- Store Name: Walkerswood Caribbean
- Vendor: Jason Garbutt
38 Beechwood Ave.
- No ratings found yet!